Dear Friends at Spiced Cider .com,
I was pleased and amused to find THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE on your website.
My name is Saskia Davis, and I am writing to introduce myself as it’s author.
Immediately after being published in 1984, “SYMPTOMS” took on a life of it’s own, traveling far and wide as it was passed among
friends, to groups, newspapers, radio stations, and, eventually, onto websites, chat rooms and blogs. Along a few of its myriad paths my
name, as author, was lost. You, apparently found one of the sources with no name or “unknown”. I am writing to request that you add
my name back in as author. I will include, at the bottom of this note, the original version so you can see it in context. Please know that
there is no blame attached to this. I simply would appreciate receiving the attribution.
Also, I am including my contact information. If you would be so
kind as to keep it in case you receive inquiries (or post my email
if it is easier), I would be grateful. And finally, a note of confirmation would also be much appreciated.
Seattle, Washington, 98125
Saskia………Here, below, is the original version.
THE SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
by Saskia Davis
Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.
Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:
* A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based
* An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
* A loss of interest in judging other people.
* A loss of interest in judging self.
* A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
* A loss of interest in conflict.
* A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)
* Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
* Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
* Frequent attacks of smiling.
* An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them
* An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as
uncontrollable urge to extend it.
If you have some or all of the above symptoms, please be advised that your condition of inner peace may be so far advanced as to not be curable. If you are exposed to anyone exhibiting any of these symptoms, remain exposed only at your own risk.
PO Box 172
New Ipswich NH 03071
1 800 878 1965
Contact Us: email@example.com